Graduate Cover Supervisor
Graduate Cover Supervisors required across Teesside.
Fixed Term Contract
£65 Per Day
Are you a recent Graduate contemplating a career in teaching / education?
Are you looking for the necessary experience to apply for teacher training or perhaps you'd like to gain experience prior to committing to a PGCE?
123Teachers are currently working with a secondary school in Hartlepool who are seeking graduates to join their team this Academic Year as Cover Supervisors for one year.
This position will suit someone who is confident, patient and has a passion for pursuing a career within education.
Candidates will be expected to:
- be a recent graduate holding a 2:2 or above in a core subject area of English, Maths, Science, Humanities, Social Science, Performing Arts, Media or Technology.
- supervise whole classes in the absence of the class teacher, ensuring students are on task and feeding back completed work and behaviour to the teacher.
- assist students on an individual basis, in small group and whole class work.
- foster independence.
- supervise and motivate children, and adhere to defined behaviour management policies.
- work with guidance, but under limited supervision.
- liaise and communicate effectively with others.
The School will offer in return:
- valuable experience that will support applications for PGCE
- opportunity to experience working within your preferred subject area
- an Induction programme and on-going support and training.
- competitive Salary.
- extensive on the job training.
- further Career Progression Courses and training.
If you would like to be considered for this role, or know someone who might be, please contact Chris Gent on 01325 734833.
123Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
123Teachers acts as an employment agency and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
J Smith, Science Teacher
“This is the first ever testimonial I have ever done so it’s a mark of the service I have received. 123Teachers were the first to actually listen to what I wanted from a role rather than what the company wanted, making money. I have found that they will keep in touch through texts, emails, calls, rather than just ring me and say "go here". I have prided myself on 'my word' as professional and have found that 123teachers will also honour their word while respecting my wishes as a professional. In the one term that I have worked for them I continue to hold them in high regard and know they are on my side throughout my time with them.”