Graduate Cover Supervisor
Graduate Cover Supervisors required across Teesside.
Fixed Term Contract
£65 Per Day
Are you a recent Graduate contemplating a career in teaching / education?
Are you looking for the necessary experience to apply for teacher training or perhaps you'd like to gain experience prior to committing to a PGCE?
123Teachers are currently working with a secondary school in Hartlepool who are seeking graduates to join their team this Academic Year as Cover Supervisors for one year.
This position will suit someone who is confident, patient and has a passion for pursuing a career within education.
Candidates will be expected to:
- be a recent graduate holding a 2:2 or above in a core subject area of English, Maths, Science, Humanities, Social Science, Performing Arts, Media or Technology.
- supervise whole classes in the absence of the class teacher, ensuring students are on task and feeding back completed work and behaviour to the teacher.
- assist students on an individual basis, in small group and whole class work.
- foster independence.
- supervise and motivate children, and adhere to defined behaviour management policies.
- work with guidance, but under limited supervision.
- liaise and communicate effectively with others.
The School will offer in return:
- valuable experience that will support applications for PGCE
- opportunity to experience working within your preferred subject area
- an Induction programme and on-going support and training.
- competitive Salary.
- extensive on the job training.
- further Career Progression Courses and training.
If you would like to be considered for this role, or know someone who might be, please contact Chris Gent on 01325 734833.
123Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
123Teachers acts as an employment agency and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
C Brayshaw, Northallerton School & Sixth Form College
I have worked with the staff at 123 Teachers since its inception two years ago. The service I have received has been exemplary. As the Cover Manager for a secondary school it’s very important that my 7:30 am phone calls are answered promptly, a suitable supply teacher contacted and on their way to school in time for morning registration. When looking for a long term supply teacher 123 do their best to find me someone suitable, taking into consideration my school’s particular requirements. The staff have taken the time to get to know my school and they know their teachers’ strengths. 123 staff are prepared to think creatively and flexibly, such as, when a student had to be educated off the premises, they found a teacher willing to work one-to-one in various locations. I would recommend 123 Teachers to any school looking for a reliable and in this time of budget restraint, cost effective service.