SEN Teaching Assistant
Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND)
SEN Teaching Assistant required to work across several classes
Full time/Part time
£60 - £70 per day depending on experience
123Teachers are currently looking to recruit several qualified SEN Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants who can fulfil both long and short term work with our SEN Schools across County Durham and Darlington. With immediate starts available upon clearance to work, roles are flexible and those available include both part and full time.
Please note that due to the nature of the work involved and the students support needs, applicants MUST possess:
- A minimum qualification of Cache Level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- A caring, patient and understanding nature
- Experience of working within an SEND environment
Acting under instruction from the Teacher, you will be working with pupils from Primary to Secondary age and duties will include:
- Helping to plan lessons and prepare resources
- Assisting with the learning and development of pupils who have a broad spectrum of learning support needs such as Autism, SEMH, PMLD, Downs Syndrome and Physical Disabilities amongst others
- Recording pupil progress and monitoring pupils both inside and outside of classroom
De-escalation/restraint training such as Team Teach, Mapa or Nappi is desirable, but not essential.
Pension contributions, paid weekly, excellent rates of pay (rate of pay is dependent upon level of experience and qualification level).
If you are interested in these roles, please click ‘Apply Now’ or call us 01325 734838.
123Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
M Tweddle, The Oaks Secondary School
We have been working with 123 Teachers for two years. During this time the standard of supply staff has been excellent. Both LSA's and teachers have performed at a high level. All staff are professional and work well as part of a team and whilst working with young people. Chris Gent is exceptional at leading and organising staffing. When we require specialist staff he has the knowledge and insight to provide the appropriate staff. This is by far the best Educational Supply Company that we have used at The Oaks School and we will continue to enjoy working with them.