SEN Teaching Assistant
Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND)
SEN Teaching Assistant required to work across several classes
Full time/Part time
£60 - £70 per day depending on experience
123Teachers are currently looking to recruit several qualified SEN Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants who can fulfil both long and short term work with our SEN Schools across County Durham and Darlington. With immediate starts available upon clearance to work, roles are flexible and those available include both part and full time.
Please note that due to the nature of the work involved and the students support needs, applicants MUST possess:
- A minimum qualification of Cache Level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- A caring, patient and understanding nature
- Experience of working within an SEND environment
Acting under instruction from the Teacher, you will be working with pupils from Primary to Secondary age and duties will include:
- Helping to plan lessons and prepare resources
- Assisting with the learning and development of pupils who have a broad spectrum of learning support needs such as Autism, SEMH, PMLD, Downs Syndrome and Physical Disabilities amongst others
- Recording pupil progress and monitoring pupils both inside and outside of classroom
De-escalation/restraint training such as Team Teach, Mapa or Nappi is desirable, but not essential.
Pension contributions, paid weekly, excellent rates of pay (rate of pay is dependent upon level of experience and qualification level).
If you are interested in these roles, please click ‘Apply Now’ or call us 01325 734838.
123Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
A big thank you is in order for being so supportive, helpful and caring.
I have really enjoyed the professionalism and help throughout my year with 123 Teachers, an experience I really didn't have with other agencies I had worked for in the past 5 years.
You make us feel special and we are able to share information at all levels. It has been so pleasant and comforting knowing we have you and your team there, for the support and the work we are able to do. Your feedbacks and help have been awesome and very productive.
Meeting other Supply Teachers over this year and sharing our experience about not only the work but the companies we work for, all have agreed and are united in saying that 123 Teachers have been the most professional and helpful company.